Reading through my emails I found that someone had nominated me for a lobster award. I thought to myself, “Lobster Award?” I’ll admit, I was completely dumbfounded. I dismissed the thought for most of the day until I had finished my exam prep and went back to check my emails again. LIEBSTER AWARD! That…still didn’t make sense to me.
Once I had reminded myself once more that I was not as smart as I like to think I am, I could adequately thank Dierdre from myblogforlife for nominating me for this award and prompting me to learn more about the blogosphere. It is an honour that I cannot deny, and I hope that I can prove worthy of it in future.
Here are the rules for the Lobst – I mean Liebster Award.
1) Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
2) Make a blog post telling 11 facts about you
3) Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you
4) Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate.
5) Nominate 5-11 new bloggers (those who have less than 200 followers) by commenting in one of their blog posts.
Onto the facts!
- I have a lot of stuffed toys compared to your average 19 year old male.
- I can proudly say that I can count the number of friends I have on one hand.
- My right leg is slightly shorter than my left leg.
- I brand myself as a nerdy geek but I do not have the knowledge to support my being part of those factions.
- I love learning and questioning yet my memory is subpar.
- I have tried making a band 7 times…and failed all 7 times.
- I may or may not have a tiny bit of a thing for exotic headgear 😀
- I have a strong desire to travel the world alone, but with my anxiety and lack of social ability, I will have to wait until I find someone to go with me.
- I am a nihilist who hopes that his belief can be proved wrong.
- I love to draw, play guitar, write and sing.
- I like to think that I live by the quote of Flannery O’Connor “I write because I never know what I think until I read what I say.”
The questions to posed to me…
- What is your favourite thing to do on a summer’s day?
-Summer, where I am, is really hot…like, 30+ Celcius so my favourite thing to do is lounge around the house and not die of heat.
- Why did you start blogging?
-Sel expression and expanding my boundaries.
- What makes you continue to blog?
-The determination to not fall into depression and dogmatitism. Which I find is something that the blog helps with greatly. Also, its a dream journal, so my dreams also play a big part in that.
- What is your favorite genre of music? Do you listen to it when you write or do you like silence when you write?
-I hate the silence. I absolutely cannot stand a room where there is no noise. I enjoy the subtle sounds of night that lull me to sleep, otherwise, it’s (indie) rock and roll for me.
- Where is the place you’ve travelled to that you’ve enjoyed the most and why?
-Lately, it’s been the fridge. I stress eat.
- If you could do anything in life where money was no object, what would it be?
-Travel. If I could be paid to do that, that would be amazing.
- If you had to give up reading or writing, which would you give up?
-Tough one, I’d have to go with writing, though. I can express myself in other forms but if I have no way to read and learn then I might as well flicker out of existence.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
-NIPPON! Also known as Japan to the more anglicised world. I find the values of the far east more relatable than those of my present nation.
- What is your favourite meal?
-Champuru! I made this dish once using a goya champuru mix, loved everything about it except the goya aspect.
- What can you not leave the house without in the morning?
-Pants. Everything else is irrelevant.
- What country do you live in and have you ever travelled outside of it?’
-Good ol South Africa is my nation of residence. And sadly no, I have never left its borders.
Here are the 11 questions for my nominees.
- What is your favourite animal?
- How many languages can you speak? What are they?
- A follow-up question. What languages do you want to speak? (all of them. My list is something like 13 long)
- How many books have you read this year?
- What field of academia interests you most and why?
- Have you got a defining moment to your life that you would be willing to share?
- If you were to be reincarnated as an animal, what animal would you prefer to be?
- What is your opinion on the Lynx?
- What album did you listen to most recently?
- What is your preferred weather condition?
- And finally, do you know the muffin man?
Now, the rule for nominations is 5-11, I am not too familiar with the smaller gems in the grand blogging world and so I have to break this rule after spending five hours searching for some blogs that fit the under 200 follower rule and that I think are worthy of this award. Most of the gems I found had between 204 and 235 followers so were just out of range. Nevertheless, I am going to propose two blogs which I look forward to reading. Why two? Because I think that putting a full 11 detracts from the worth of an award, especially for those who, like me, are not blogging literate. These authors are ones I look forward to reading the minute I finish their latest post and they fit the follower restriction that my other potential nominees don’t.
Leena Hazarika at Souls and Memoirs
Caillen James at Caillen James
Some honourable mentions though.
Thanks again to Dierdre for my nomination. I Look forward to seeing this continue.